Welfare department is one among other several departments of PUCU. It is headed by the vice chairperson of the union. The department is tasked with the mandate of;
- Booking all the venues of the activities of the PUCU.
- Catering for the welfare of the members of the union, i.e. issuing short loans, money in kind, foodstuffs and other material things on stock.
- Offering guidance and counselling.
- Organizing means of transport for the members when having an out of campus activities.
- Ensuring safety of members.
- Harmonizing all other departments of the union and bringing them together.
- Linking PUCU associates and the union.